The Greenworks 40v trimmer is one of the most popular lawn care equipment, and for good reason. It’s a powerful trimmer that can handle a variety of jobs, and it’s relatively inexpensive. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Greenworks 40v trimmer, including an expert review, user manual and FAQs.
What’s a Greenworks trimmer 40v?
A Greenworks trimmer is a 40 volt battery powered electric string trimmer. It is similar to a traditional gas powered string trimmer, but it does not require gas or oil to operate. The Greenworks trimmer is a very versatile tool that can be used for a variety of tasks around the yard, such as trimming weeds, edging, and even cutting small branches.
The Greenworks trimmer is a good choice for those who do not want to use gas or oil powered products. It is also good for people who are looking for an eco-friendly option.
Different types of Greenworks trimmer 40v
Greenworks trimmer 40v is available in 4 different types. The first type is the straight shaft trimmer, which is best for trimming around obstacles. The second type is the brushless string trimmer, which is more powerful and efficient. The third type is the dual action trimmer, which is ideal for thicker grasses. The fourth type is the cordless trimmer, which offers the most portability and convenience.
The Best Pick: Greenworks 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer Review
If you’re in the market for a new string trimmer, you may be wondering if the Greenworks 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer is the right choice for you.
The Greenworks 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer is a battery-powered trimmer that is designed for use with Greenworks’ 40V battery system. This trimmer has a 13″ cutting swath and a bump feed head, making it a great choice for smaller yards. It also features a telescoping shaft, so you can adjust the length to suit your height.
One of the best things about the Greenworks 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer is that it is very lightweight, weighing in at just over 6 pounds. This makes it easy to maneuver and use for extended periods of time.
Overall, the Greenworks 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer is a great choice for those with small yards or who are looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use trimmer. It comes with a 4-year warranty and is backed by a trusted brand, so you can be sure it will serve you well for years to come.
- Attachment capable: No
- Battery capacity 1: 2.0 Ah
- Battery chemistry: Li-Ion
- Battery warranty: 3 Years
- Brushless motor: No
- Charge time: 120 Minutes
- Cutting path: 13 Inches
- Height: 17
- Idealfor: Up to ⅓ Acre
- Length: 28.5
- Line diameter: .065″
- Line feed: Auto
- Pivot head: 4 position
- Power: Cordless
- Rotating head: 90 Degree
- Rpm: 8000
- Tool warranty: 3 Years
- Voltage: 40V
- Width: 21.25
- 13″ cut path for quick and easy trimming with powerful results to cut through the toughest weeds
- Versatile design with 4-position pivoting head for easy trimming at multiple angles
- 90 degree rotating head with edging wheel for walk behind edging for multi-functional use
- 0.065″ single line auto feed head for fast results
- Compatible with Greenworks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion system for higher efficiency and longer run time with an assortment of tools to complete your yard work
- Tool only, battery & charger sold separately (or share your existing 40V battery with this cordless string trimmer / edger)
- 3 Year Limited Tool Warranty
- 1 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer / Edger
- 1 2.0 Ah Battery
- 1 Battery Charger
- 1 Owner’s Manual
Pros and Cons
- The Greenworks 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer is very powerful. It can easily handle thick weeds and grass.
- This model is also very lightweight. It only weighs about 7 pounds, making it easy to maneuver.
- The Greenworks 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer comes with a battery and charger. This means you don’t have to worry about buying a separate charger.
- This string trimmer also has a built-in edging wheel. This makes it easy to create clean, straight edges along your sidewalks and driveway.
- The Greenworks 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer is a bit pricey. It typically retails for around $200.
- This model is not compatible with all Greenworks batteries. If you have an older Greenworks battery, you’ll need to buy a new one.
- The Greenworks 40V 13″ Cordless String Trimmer doesn’t come with a shoulder strap. This can make it a bit difficult to use for extended periods of time.
Greenworks 40v trimmer manual
Here is a Greenworks 40v trimmer manual and you can read it to know more about how to use it properly. Let’s read it!
Greenworks 40v trimmer parts list
Greenworks 40v trimmer parts are made up of battery, string, head and guard.
- Battery: The battery is the power source for the trimmer. It is important to choose the right battery for the trimmer.
- String: The string is the cutting element of the trimmer. It is important to choose the right string for the trimmer.
- Head: The head of the trimmer holds the string. It is important to choose the right head for the trimmer.
- Guard: The guard protects the user from the string. It is important to choose the right guard for the trimmer.
Greenworks trimmer 40v battery replacement
If you need to replace the Greenworks trimmer 40v battery, you will need the following tools: a Phillips head screwdriver, a flat head screwdriver, and a replacement battery.
- Begin by unscrewing the four screws on the back of the trimmer using the Phillips head screwdriver.
- Carefully remove the back panel of the trimmer.
- Unscrew the two screws holding the battery in place using the flat head screwdriver.
- Carefully remove the old battery from the trimmer.
- Insert the new battery into the trimmer, making sure the positive and negative terminals are properly aligned.
- Screw the two screws back into place to secure the new battery.
- Replace the back panel of the trimmer and screw the four screws back into place.
Greenworks trimmer 40v string replacement
Looking to replace the string on your Greenworks trimmer? Here’s a quick guide on how to do it.
- Start by removing the spool cap from the trimmer. You’ll need a screwdriver for this.
- Take out the old spool of string and discard it.
- Wrap the new string around the spool, making sure to leave some slack.
- Put the spool back into the trimmer, and screw on the cap tightly.
- Pull on the string until there’s about 6 inches of it sticking out of the trimmer head.
- Hold down the trigger and press the feed button to feed out more string as needed.
Greenworks trimmer 40v head replacement
If you’re in need of a Greenworks trimmer 40v head replacement, you’ve come to the right place. First, remove the old trimmer head from the trimmer shaft. To do this, simply unscrew the retaining nut that holds the head in place. Once the nut is removed, you should be able to pull the head off of the shaft.
Next, take your new trimmer head and thread it onto the shaft. Be sure to hand-tighten only until snug – you don’t want to over-tighten and strip the threads. Finally, screw on the retaining nut until it’s tight.That’s it! You’ve now successfully replaced the head on your greenworks trimmer.
FAQs and Troubleshooting
How long does a Greenworks 40v trimmer last?
Greenworks 40v trimmer is one of the best selling trimmers in the market. It is known for its durability and long lasting performance. Many users have reported that their Greenworks 40v trimmer lasted for more than 2 years without any issues. However, there are a few things that you need to do in order to ensure that your Greenworks 40v trimmer lasts for a long time.
First of all, you need to make sure that you charge the battery properly. Secondly, you need to clean the trimmer regularly and apply lubrication as required. following these simple tips, your Greenworks 40v trimmer should last for a very long time.
Can you put a brush cutter blade on a Greenworks trimmer 40v?
A brush cutter is a powerful tool that can quickly and easily remove thick brush, saplings, and small trees. But can you put a brush cutter blade on a Greenworks trimmer 40v? The answer is yes! You can purchase a brush cutter attachment for your greenworks trimmer 40v. This will enable you to quickly and easily remove thick brush, saplings, and small trees.
The brush cutter attachment consists of a cutting blade that spins at a high speed. This blade can quickly and easily cut through thick brush, saplings, and small trees. The attachment also includes a shield that protects you from flying debris. If you need to remove thick brush, saplings, or small trees from your property, then consider purchasing a brush cutter attachment for your greenworks trimmer 40v.
What size string does a Greenworks trimmer 40v use?
A greenworks trimmer uses a 0.080 in. line. This size line is also used for the Ryobi and Craftsman trimmers. The 0.080 in. line is a good all-purpose size that can be used for most trimming applications.
What if Greenworks hedge trimmer 40v stopped working?
If your Greenworks hedge trimmer 40v stopped working, don’t panic! There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
First, check to make sure that the battery is fully charged. If it is, then try removing and reinserting the battery. If that doesn’t work, you can try cleaning the terminals with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar. If all of these troubleshooting steps fail, then you may need to replace the battery or contact Greenworks customer service for further assistance.
In conclusion, the Greenworks 40v trimmer is a versatile and powerful tool that is sure to make your yard look great. It has a user manual that is easy to follow, as well as FAQs if you have any questions. With its high quality components and versatility, this trimmer is a must-have for any homeowner.